pâtisserie natalie

April 22, 2012

Olga's Cup + Saucer

This last weekend I got the opportunity to go to brunch at a place here in Providence that has been on my list for a while, but I just hadn't gotten to yet. I was really excited to go here, and the excitement grew when we pulled up and I found that Olga's Cup + Saucer was as cute as I hoped it would be. It was a gorgeous day outside and we had a bench table outside on Olga's spacious patio that has beautiful little gardens along with trees providing some needed shaded for when it gets warmer. I first discovered Olga's while reading Edible Rhody, which is a small publication put out each season about the food scene in Rhode Island. I read Edible Seattle while at home, and was pleasantly surprised to find that Rhode Island also had an "Edible" magazine. I picked up the Fall issue a while ago and saw an advertisement for Olga's a continued my research. I later found them at the Providence/Pawtucket farmers' markets, and I knew I had to visit the cafe.


They serve New Harvest Coffee at Olga's which is by far my favorite coffee in Providence, although hard for me to get to sometimes. From the Saturday and Sunday brunch menu, we got the following things with no complaints from any of us: sourdough waffles, huevos rancheros, french toast, omelette (mushroom, cheddar, bacon), and the mayan chicken salad sandwich. The inside of Olga's is cafe seating along with their bakery where you can purchase baked goods and coffee. They have a great selection of cakes, cookies, breads, rolls, pastries, tarts, and anything else you could possibly want.

Olga's Cup + Saucer
103 Point St
Providence, RI 02903
401.831.6666

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All Rights Reserved © 2012 Natalie Shields