pâtisserie natalie

May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day!

happy mother's day [1]


Happy mother's day to all the moms out there. My mom gets a lot of baking gifts, as you might have guessed, and today was no exception. I made some lemon scones which were spread with homemade (not by me) blackberry jam. I also put together a fruit salad of mango, blackberry, and bananas, and a split-shot latte. If you are a mom, have a nice, relaxing day and if you have a mom in your life, be extra nice.



I have an obsession with packaging and so if I have any excuse to wrap gifts, I go to town. The wrapping in this picture is just done with some purple tissue paper, brown kraft paper, a kraft takeout box, and some striped bands that I made really quickly. I also made a little square card for my mom.

happy mother's day [2]

Also, this last Thursday, was the Seattle THAW 2010. It's a charity event that benefits the hdsa (huntington's disease society of america). If you don't know much about the disease or organization, check it out because it's a really great cause. I was sponsor of the event and provided 600 mini cupcakes, the flavors being bailey, lemon blackberry, and spiced carrot cake. I will create a post all about the event, so that is coming soon.

Anyways, happy mother's day!

1 comments:

vincent said...

Hello,


We bumped into your blog and we really liked it - great recipes YUM YUM.
We would like to add it to the Petitchef.com.

We would be delighted if you could add your blog to Petitchef so that our users can, as us,
enjoy your recipes.

Petitchef is a french based Cooking recipes Portal. Several hundred Blogs are already members
and benefit from their exposure on Petitchef.com.

To add your site to the Petitchef family you can use http://en.petitchef.com/?obj=front&action=site_ajout_form or just go to Petitchef.com and click on "Add your site"

Best regards,

Vincent
petitchef.com

Post a Comment

 
All Rights Reserved © 2012 Natalie Shields