pâtisserie natalie

March 9, 2009

Meyer Lemon Sorbet on Rosemary Lavender Butter Cookies

IMG_1317


Welcome to Pâtisserie Natalie. This is my very first post, so to anyone reading, I hope you enjoy. This will be a baking blog where I post pictures and recipes of all the stuff I make. I am a student, so I won't be posting every day, but I pretty much bake in all my free time, so I'll be posting often enough. While it is in fact still snowing a little here and there, I felt like I needed to hurry spring in with summer fruit. While winter is my favorite season, this slushy "transition" season is madness, so here's my first post:


IMG_1302

Meyer Lemon Sorbet on Rosemary Lavender Cookies with Fresh Strawberries



For the butter cookies:
adapted from Martha Stewart

2 sticks unsalted butter
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 large egg
1.5 teaspoons lavender extract
2 1/2 + 2 tablespoons AP flour; sifted
1 teaspoon salt
1 sprig fresh rosemary

In the bowl of your electric mixer with paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy. Add the egg and lavender extract, beat to combine, Add the flour and salt, mixing on low speed until combined. Pull off rosemary leaves and chop finely. Add to batter and combine by turning mixer on low for 20 seconds. Turn dough out onto saran-wrap and cover. Form into a disc and place dough in refrigerator for around 2 hours. 
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. After dough is refrigerated, place on clean work-surface that is floured. Using a rolling pin, roll the dough 1/4 inch thick. Use cutters of your choice for cookie shape. Place on sheetpans lined with parchment and cook for about 12-15 minutes, depending on your oven, or until edges turn golden brown. Cool before use.

For the meyer lemon sorbet:

450 grams of simple syrup
395 grams meyer lemon juice

Combine two ingredients in a bowl and chill in refrigerator for an hour. Place in ice cream maker and use manufacturers instructions. Put in an air-tight container and place in freezer overnight.

For the strawberries:

Thinly slice as many strawberries as you like and toss in 2 teaspoons of sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of corn starch. Place on top of sorbet.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
All Rights Reserved © 2012 Natalie Shields